Clubs are slowly turning their eyes toward the summer window, and Transfer Talk has the updates on all the latest rumours.
Hazard-Aguero swap on the cards?
Manchester City are ready to rival Real Madrid’s interest in Eden Hazard , but could have to fork out a British record £150 million to sign the Chelsea forward.
Chelsea are desperate to hold on to Hazard, but so far negotiations over a new deal for the Belgium international have failed to reach an agreement.
Hazard’s current contract has another two years to run, and the Blues would be reluctant to strengthen a Premier League rival — especially one that is running away with the Premier League title this season.
But NOV reports that they might consider doing business if Sergio Aguero is included in the offer, with Roman Abramovich believed to be a big fan of the Argentine striker.
Spurs to poach Watford pair
After waiting until the end of the window to bring in new players last summer, Tottenham are planning to act quickly next time around.
Spurs will launch a £50m bid for Watford pair Richarlison and Abdoulaye Doucoure when the season ends, with Mauricio Pochettino a keen admirer of the duo’s talents.
It’s thought that both players would be open to the switch, given the vastly improved salaries they could command at White Hart Lane.
Chelsea have also been tracking Richarlison, but Spurs hope to steal a march on their rivals instead of leaving their transfer business until the last minute.
Arsenal told Smalling price
Arsenal will have to stump up £25m to sign Chris Smalling from Manchester United.
The England defender has endured a mixed run of form this season and was criticised for his role in United’s recent defeat to Newcastle.
With Jose Mourinho hoping to pursue a deal for Toby Alderweireld in the summer, Smalling could find himself surplus to requirements at Old Trafford as Arsenal monitor his situation.
The Gunners also remain keen on Jonny Evans, but see Smalling as a potential alternative should they fail in another bid for the West Brom centre-back.
– Chelsea have told Borussia Dortmund that Michy Batshuayi isn’t for sale after the striker’s impressive start on loan in Germany. The Blues still intend to bid for Christian Pulisic , however, who is also a target for Manchester United.
– Paris Saint-Germain hope to capitalise on the delay in Marcos Rojo extending his spell at Manchester United, according to the Sun. The 27-year-old’s current deal expires in 2019, with PSG plotting to put a £30m offer on the table in the summer.
– United are also on the tail of Jean Michael Seri , who looks certain to leave Nice. Red Devils scout Marcel Bout watched the midfielder in action against Monaco recently, with another United official checking up on Seri in last week’s Europa League defeat to Lokomotiv Moscow.
– Manchester City will have to pay £40m if they want to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Julian Weigl , reports NOV. Pep Guardiola is believed to be a huge fan of the 22-year-old, having sent City scouts to check up on his performances this season.
– Leicester are keeping tabs on Benfica pair Andre Almeida and Rafa Silva , according to the Leicester Mercury. The Foxes reportedly sent a scout to run the rule over the duo in Benfica’s 4-0 win over Boavista on Saturday.
– Mario Balotelli could be set for a return to Serie A with Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan all expressing an interest in the striker. NOV says Balotelli is keen to leave Nice after being booked in a recent Ligue 1 clash against Dijon after reporting that he had been racially abused to the referee.