What a person posts on social media says a lot about him these days. So if your crush or partner indulges in the following behaviour, we advise you to tread lightly.
1. He writes overly sentimental, pseudo-profound status updates decrying the way of the world. But then when you text him, ‘k’ is his standard reply to almost everything.
2. He loves liking his own photos and status updates and you get a serious case of fremdschämen when you see it. Narcissist much?
3. Speaking of narcissism, he also loves taking photos, particularly of himself, more often than not while doing the same things. And he also gives those photos heart-rending, albeit plagiarised, captions.
4. You know he follows you on Instagram religiously, because when you post Insta stories, he’s the first one to see it. But that’s all he ever does; if you text him he never texts back.
5. He posts racist/sexist/mean memes that he thinks are hilarious. His sense of humour leaves you confounded, annoyed and wanting to whoop his shit.
6. You know for a fact that he stalks his exes on social media and then bitches about them to you. It makes you wonder if he’ll do the same to you if you dump him.
7. You’ve noticed that he likes pictures of random girls on Facebook. When you ask him about it, he gives you strange reasons such as, ‘Oh babe, my account was hacked last week!’ or ‘Hon, they’re good friends.’
8. You’ve been dating him for months, but he never posts photos of you together. He posts pictures of him with his most distant friends, but never with you.
9. He indulges a lot in Facebook and Twitter ‘wars’ and then whines about it when he loses. More often than not, he initiates these unnecessary debates.
10. He gets violent sometimes and makes up hashtags like #KillThemAll or #YouDeserveToBeShot. Your goosebumps get goosebumps when you read such things on your timeline.