Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae. It is a creeping vine that bears cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables. There are three main varieties of cucumber: slicing, pickling, and seedless. Whatever variety you find, they have so much to offer from a nutritional point of view.
If you don’t already eat cucumbers, well, maybe you will after reading about its health benefits. Take a look at some of them…
1. They are a good source of vitamin B. Since cucumbers contain about 95 percent of water, you get rehydrated when you consume them.
2. Cucumbers make your skin smoother and younger while boosting your hair growth.
3. Cucumbers have been employed in recent years in battles against cancer.
4. It helps in curing hangover.
5. Cucumbers help keep your breathe fresh while preventing bad breath.
6. Cucumbers aid easy digestion and in weight control.
7. Cucumbers reduce blood
cholesterol and control blood pressure in the human body.
8. Cucumbers encourage healthy joints and give relief from arthritis and gout pains.
9. They help keep the heart healthy.
10. Just like most fruits, Cucumbers contain vitamin C.